Insurance tips for Calgarians impacted by electrical fire

AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to TwitterTwitterShare to FacebookFacebookShare to RedditRedditShare to 電子郵件Email Insurance tips for Calgarians impacted by electrical fire by News Staff Posted Oct 14, 2014 6:13 pm MDT The weekend fire has left 2,100 businesses without power and it could be a few more days before the electricity is restored, so you may have questions about what’s covered by your insurance.Heather Mack with the Insurance Bureau of Canada tells 660News, she recommends you call your company to find out exactly “what” type of insurance coverage you have.“The first thing we’d recommend is to call your insurance representative just to find out what type of coverage you have, because we’ll be looking at sort of two different fronts on this one,” said Mack. “One could be an issue of food spoilage or any damage that resulted to your property from a power outage, and then the other is, if there is a mandatory evacuation or the city says you can’t enter your building, then you may have coverage for temporary living expenses.”Macks adds restaurant owners may also have coverage for business interruption or loss of inventory.If you have more questions, you can call the Insurance Bureau of Canada’s Alberta Consumer Information Centre at 1-800-377-6378 between 8 a.m. – 4 p.m. Monday through Friday. read more

Read More »